He is constantly sucking and/or chewing on anything he can get into his mouth. My fingers are his favorite, but his fingers are a close second. Despite his affinity for sucking, he won't take a pacifier or a bottle.
Graham smiles and laughs all the time, but most especially when he is looking at Owen.
I get big googly heart eyes when I see the two of them laughing together. It makes me more excited for the future every single day.
Two and a half year old Owen is nothing but love and trouble. He tests my patience and blows me away with his sweetness every single day. He is an outpouring of spontaneous "thank yous" and "i love yous" and "i'm sorrys" and "excuse mes." BUT. He is also an outpouring of tantrums and willpower.
If there is one thing that can be said about Owen, it's that he comes by his stubbornness honestly. Everyone in Scott's family tells me that Owen is a mini Scott and also living proof of Karma. And all I would like to know is, where's my karma, because I was a dang good kid.
But so is Owen. He really is. He's just 2 and a half. And here is a small list of things about 2 and a half year old Owen:
- He NEVER stops moving. Literally. Never. It takes him hours to fall asleep at night because he has such trouble calming his body down enough to actually fall asleep, even when he is tired as sin.
- He skips his nap more often than not. This makes me cry more often than I am willing to admit.
- He is such a good brother to Graham. He likes to bring him toys and blankets and entertain him with silly faces. Every day he talks about how he can't wait for Graham to "get big and play with me!"
- He doesn't love anything in life as much as he loves his hot wheels cars.
- He is really into identifying emotions and the reasons behind them. He loves to point out when people are happy or sad or angry or scared. Sometimes when he is crying but trying to act brave he says "I am happy!" through his tears. When he wants me to give him something, he tells me that it makes him happy. ("Watching TV makes me happy, mommy! Pleasssssssse! Please Please Please Mommy!")
- He loves playing with his friends, even if he doesn't remember to play nicely 100% of them time. This morning we had a play date at the park with a friend named Carter and he just woke up from his nap (A NAP!) crying "Where'd Carter go?"
I'm so proud of them both. They are both good, sweet boys and it is the privilege of my life to spend my days with them.